Friday, June 12, 2009

Things to do While Waiting on Query Responses...

I feel like I’m in a major holding pattern. If I don’t find representation in this next set of queries (about 15 in all), then I am absolutely going to go ahead and self-publish. Until I get responses, I don’t want to twiddle my thumbs, so here’s what I’m doing to pass the time…

  • Checking my email 20,000 times a day
  • Double checking my email just in case I missed something (so that’s really 40,000 times a day)
  • Doing a 100-yard dash to the mailbox when I get home from work (very invigorating)
  • Trying to think of new ideas for books (so far, the only thing I could come up with involves a spy and a green onion…yeah, I know, back to the drawing board)
  • Reading — I’m trying to get through Emily Giffin’s new book “Love the One You’re With” –I’ve read page one 37 times. I’ve also got “Confessions of a Shopaholic” by Sophie Kinsella. I’m about a fourth of the way through and there’s no guy…just lots and lots of shopping.
  • I’ve gotten socially-networked. I’ve joined Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, WordPress, etc. etc. etc. after fighting it for so long. Now, I feel like I’m late to the party and can’t figure out how anything works. I’m in cyber hell without an instruction manual. Got to keep my eye on the prize, right? When my book is published, I’ll have 12 people to market to because I can’t find any freakin’ body… anywhere!!!
  • I drink…heavily. Ahhhh, there’s lots of joy in a Mojito…and endless joy in a pitcher of Mojitos.

What are you doing while you wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment